Start to Finish: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup shelled, roasted, salted pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dried pink peppercorns
- 1 log (11 oz.) fresh plain mild soft goat cheese
- 1-1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 32 small sprigs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine nuts and peppercorns in a small bowl for coating.
2. Using a fork, combine cheese, chopped rosemary, and oil in a medium bowl; chill 15 minutes. With palms of hands, roll scant teaspoonfuls of cheese mixture into 32 balls (3/4-inch in diameter). Roll balls in batches of 3 in pistachio mixture until coated well. Skewer each with a rosemary sprig and arrange in a single layer on a serving tray. Chill at least 15 minutes before serving, and then allow appetizers to nearly come to room temperature for best flavor. Makes 8 servings.