This is an ultra-simple idea for an appetizer, and gives you that super taste and texture combo again: creamy and crispy! Woo-hoo! Thanks to Kayt at Chocolate & Zucchini’s chat room for the suggestion:)
Phyllo Cheese Kisses
1 Package store-bought Phyllo Dough
1 11 oz package Chevre (Fresh Goat Cheese )
2-3 Tbs Minced Fresh Herbs (The original recipe calls for tarragon but you can use rosemary,chives, thyme, marjoram, herbes de Provence and even parsley with delicious results)
1 stick melted butter
1. Open the phyllo and unfold it, make sure to keep it covered with a damp towel so it doesn’t dry out. Take 1 sheet of phyllo and brush it with melted butter then top it with another sheet and butter that too
3. Place 12 dollops of goat cheese (about 1 tsp each) in three rows across the phyllo
4. Sprinkle the cheese with a pinch of herbs (not very much or the flavor will be overwhelming)
5. Cut the phyllo into 12 squares so that the cheese rests in the middle of each square. Then take the squares and twist the top together so that it forms a “hershey kiss” shape.
6. Place the finished kisses on a baking sheet and freeze. After the kisses are frozen they can be stored in a ziplock bag for up to 3 months.
7. Repeat process until all the goat cheese is gone.
8. When you’re ready to serve, take the frozen kisses and place them on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until the tops of the kisses are brown and crispy. Let cool slightly and serve!
This is a family recipe that we’ve been making for years so if anything is unclear please feel free to ask questions.