From an admirer-blog, Yum-Yum-Yummy, we get today’s featured recipe which results in a toothsome and satisfying all-vegetable lasagna. Nicely done!
– bring large pot of water to a boil & add whole-wheat lasagna pasta sheets (approx 12 large pieces).
– just half-cook the pasta sheets, until slightly al dente.
– preheat oven to 375F
– lightly brush medium-sized baking pan w/ extra-virgin olive oil (evoo)
– roast 1 small acorn squash (tip: you may want to roast the acorn squash the day prior, if you’re tight on time for weeknight meals.)
– line baking pan w/ 3 sheets of half-cooked lasagna pasta
– spread 3/4 cup light cottage cheese
– spread 1/2 of roasted acorn squash (don’t worry about covering the entire layer with squash, but try to distribute evenly.)
– add 1/3 cup organic spinach leaves (fresh, not frozen)
– add 1/3 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
– add 1/8 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
– season w/ 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg & 1/2 ground black peppercorns
– sprinkle generously 3/4 cup grated cheese
(tip: a mixture of chevre, gruyere & gouda works well since all of them melt and meld nicely and are not overly strong in taste.)
– add another layer of pasta sheets & repeat instructions above for the second layer of filling
– sprinkle generously 1/2 cup grated cheese, mixed w/ 1/8 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
– sprinkle roasted acorn squash seeds (optional)
– bake uncovered for 40min at 375F
– allow to cool on rack before slicing lasagna