You must know by now that I LOVE garbanzo beans, aka chick peas. Eat ’em at every opportunity, would grow them if I could. Oh wait, I think I have seeds for this year’s garden. Getting ahead of myself again…
The good folks at DiBruno Bros. in Philadelphia came up with this winner-winner-goat cheese dinner recipe, and I intend to enjoy it this week!
- 1 pound of chick peas
- 1 medium red onion sliced thin
- 1\2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp chopped preserved lemon
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1\4 cup freshly chopped oregano
- 1\4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese, like Bucheron (or BabyCakes, for our goatshare owners!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing
- 3 oz red wine vinegar
- 6 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 filets of anchovies
- Make the dressing by rendering the anchovy filets in a sauté pan with a little of the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook lightly for 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the anchovy mixture and vinegar, then whisk in the olive oil.
- Toss with the remaining ingredients, chill for one hour, serve. Serves 4-6.