Salmon is a family favorite, and so healthy. Especially from Lake Michigan, where they are abundant (until the Asian Carp eat all the fish food in the Lake!). OK, enough politics. On to the recipe, which comes from the always on-point Food Republic:
- Combine the goat cheese, cayenne pepper*, and lime juice until smooth and blended.
- Place a small scoop of the goat cheese mixture on each slice of smoked salmon and roll into a log.
- Once you have made all 12 logs, top with some of the salmon caviar or capers. Then arrange on a platter and sprinkle with the chopped chives.
- Can be made up to 2 hours in advance and kept in the fridge.
* The cayenne is optional. Omit if you do not want this appetizer to be spicy.
To make your own smoked salmon check out this easy gravlax recipe.