This dip is perfect for Superbowl Sunday! Thanks to PopSugar and Anna Monette Roberts for the recipe and photo! Get your dip on.
1/2 small pumpkin, seeds and stems removed
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 ounces chèvre
2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
1 lemon, zest and juice
2 tablespoons toasted pepitas
Flake salt, optional
1 sleeve whole-grain crackers or toasted bread chunks
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cover a half sheet pan with foil. Inside the sheet pan, coat the inside and outside of the pumpkin with oil and liberally salt. Then place flesh side down on a foil-lined cookie sheet, and roast for 30 minutes or until flesh is tender when pricked with a fork.
- Once cool enough to touch, scoop pumpkin flesh out from the skins and place in a food processor. Add chèvre and process until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Add thyme leaves and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Pulse garlic-herb oil and lemon zest into dip. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Fold in pepitas, reserving a three-finger pinch for garnish.
- Transfer dip to a bowl, and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, pepitas, and flake salt, optional. Serve with pumpkin spice crackers or another cracker of your choice.